Ionamin is a drug for weight loss that contains Phentermine as ion-exchange resins. Ionamin drug is available as capsules containing an active substance Phentermine 15mg and 30mg. Ionamin is a prescription drug, but the FDA has currently suspended Ionamin sale in the United States.
Just as other medications that contain Phentermine (such as, Duromine, Ionamin, Teramine, Adipex-P), Ionamin also contains some inactive ingredients. Ionamin drug contains the following excipients: dyes, dibasic calcium phosphate, iron oxides (15 mg capsules only), gelatin, titanium dioxide, carbohydrates of disaccharides group, magnesium stearate.
Ionamin diet pills: Uses and Effects
Ionamin diet pills help to achieve good results in the struggling against obesity. Ionamin in the combination with weight loss program helps obese patients:
- Reduce appetite
- Reduce the feeling of hunger
- Improve metabolism
- Burn excessive body fat
- Increase thermogenesis
It is recommended to take an Ionamin capsule per day. For a larger pharmacological effect, Ionamin is taken in the morning before breakfast. Do not chew or crush Ionamin capsules.
Ionamin use: contraindications
Ionamin capsules containing Phentermine 15mg and 30mg have some contraindications:
- Pulmonary artery hypertension;
- Use of MAO inhibitors
- Abnormal sounds in the heart;
- Alcohol abuse and history of drug dependence;
- Hypertension (high blood pressure);
- High eye pressure and glaucoma;
- Ischemic events and cerebral hemorrhages;
- Mental disorders;
- Advanced arteriosclerosis;
- Overactive thyroid;
- Known hypersensitivity to sympathomimetic drugs.
Ionamin pills: recommendations
- Do not take Ionamin during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Pregnant and nursing women did not participate in the clinical trials of Ionamin. The active substance Phentermine can cross the placenta and harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while taking Ionamin.
- It is not recommended to take Ionamin as obesity treatment in young people under 16 years old. Elderly people should use Ionamin with caution.
- Even a proper use of Ionamin cannot guarantee the absence of side effects. Get emergency medical help if you have any side effects, including palpitation, elevation of blood pressure, euphoria, tremor, gastrointestinal disturbances, allergic reaction.
- Do not exceed the Ionamin dosage, it can cause side effects and overdose. If you miss an Ionamin dose, do not take two capsules at once.
- Remember that Ionamin effectively reduces weight only in the combination with a diet and change in a lifestyle.